Substitutions and Waivers

Substitution/Waiver request forms are used to either substitute or waive a degree requirement. For CHSS students, these requests require a signature from a dean in the Undergraduate Academic Affairs office. The waiver or substitution is reviewed by the college that houses the major or minor.

These requests must be filled out and signed by a student's major or minor academic advisor. Once the form has been completely filled out, it can be submitted to our office for review. If the request is approved, our office will hand deliver the completed paperwork to the Registrar's office.

Students are typically only notified about a decision of a substitution if the request has been denied.

Students have the right to appeal denial of a request. Information on submitting an appeal can be found at the bottom of the page

Substitution/Waiver Resources