Taking a Course for Credit without a Grade

Students may elect to take a course for credit without an associated letter grade. The course will be graded satisfactory/no credit. Undergraduates may take up to 6 credits graded S/NC. This option applies only to electives outside the major, concentration, minor, or general education requirement.

Students who wish to take a course as satisfactory/no credit must submit the Credit without Grade Form to the Office of the Registrar before the end of the official add period for that course. Students may not change to satisfactory/no credit (or from satisfactory/no credit) after the add period has ended.

The Undergraduate Academic Affairs Office adheres strictly to these policies as explained in the University Catalog and expects all students to meet the deadlines above. Students who do not meet these deadlines will be required to complete their classes for credit and final grades.

Credit without Grade Form >>