Withdrawal: Effect on Academic Standing

If a withdrawal is granted, then a notation of "W" will appear on the official transcript instead of a normal letter grade. Credits with the grade "W" do not affect a student's GPA, but they are considered attempted credit hours, and can affect a student's eligibility for financial aid.

Students receiving financial aid should contact the office of financial aid before requesting a withdrawal. 

Students taking courses through the Veteran Affairs Education Benefits  should contact the office of Military Services before requesting a withdrawal.