If You Know of a Student Seeking an Internship
Please refer that student to:
- University Career Services for help developing an internship search strategy
- Their department internship coordinator and academic advisor to learn more about options for receiving academic credit
If You Would like to Offer an Internship
Several Mason faculty and departments do offer internship opportunities. If you feel you are able to offer such an opportunity, please:
- discuss this with your department chair
- contact your department internship coordinator, to discuss recruitment strategies and for-credit possibilities.
- Consider connecting with University Career Services for more guidance about campus-wide recruitment strategies and the nature of supervision.
There are three basic elements your opportunity should provide for it to be considered appropriate for an internship:
- The internship is within the student's area of study or supports their specific career goals; and asks them to use the knowledge they've gained through their academic study.
- The internship supervisor provides guidance, evaluation, and feedback to facilitate the learning process.
- The student engages in ongoing contemplation of learning objectives throughout the course of the internship.
If you know of an opportunity
Internship Resources from University Career Services
For students seeking an internship, University Career Services offers the following resources.
Search for internships through Handshake
Make an appointment with University Career Services
Enroll in UNIV 320 Internship Readiness to help with your internship search
Apply for the Scholarship for Unpaid Internships through University Career Services if you can’t afford to take on an unpaid internship